Re: ODRL target/Dublin Core license/rights

On  2013-Jul-29, at 09:44, V?ctor Rodr?guez Doncel <vrodriguez@fi.upm.es>
 wrote:

> El 28/07/2013 16:34, Mo McRoberts escribi?:
>> 1. Would it be valid to say that odrl:target is an inverse of dcterms:license or dcterms:rights ?
>
> I would like to recall how the ODRL 1.1 specification document started:
> The Open Digital Rights Language (ODRL) is a proposed language for the Digital Rights Management (DRM) community for the standardisation of expressing rights information over content
> And how ODRL 2.0 is defined:
> The ODRL policy expression language [...]
> I'd say that "rights expressions" are narrower than "policies" and we must acknowledge this.
> It is a pity that the initiative of XACML towards RDF didn't show more progress than this: [1], to see its view.

I'd agree, and this is why I don't think a direct inverse is applicable ? however, I do think some sort of inverse relationship should exist.

M.

--
Mo McRoberts - Analyst - BBC Archive Development,
Zone 1.08, BBC Scotland, 40 Pacific Quay, Glasgow G51 1DA,

http://www.bbc.co.uk
If you have received it in
Do not use, copy or disclose the
immediately.