Re: Namespace of ODRL

On  2013-Jul-25, at 10:14, Michael Steidl (IPTC) <mdirector@iptc.org> wrote:

> My summary is:
> - I'm not aware of any use of RightsML in a production environment
> - I see a couple of IPTC members with a high interest and a first round of
> testing of RightsML
> - at IPTC we would have to change all our existing examples and
> documentation - and we are currently working on new examples
> - as we are launching a next initiative of fostering the use of RightsML
> over summer it would be essential to see decisions by ODRL as soon as
> possible.
>
> A short comment on the proposed changes of the namespaces:
> - I can't see the need for changing the case of the elements of the ODRL 2.0
> namespace - to make them more OWL-like?

The convention in RDF is that classes -- and only classes -- are camelcase. It's not unusual at all (and you can see it in the model RDF in a couple of places) to have classes and properties which share the same name but differ in case. For example, the 'scope' property has the domain of instances of the 'Scope' class.

M.

--
Mo McRoberts - Analyst - BBC Archive Development,
Zone 1.08, BBC Scotland, 40 Pacific Quay, Glasgow G51 1DA,

http://www.bbc.co.uk
If you have received it in
Do not use, copy or disclose the
immediately.