Re: Namespace of ODRL

On  2013-Jul-22, at 13:07, "Myles, Stuart" <SMyles@ap.org> wrote:

>> Okay, I've done the necessary initial steps:
>
> Sadly, when I clicked on those links, I just got "LODE error. Reason: ptah.bencrannich.net". However, the overall approach makes sense to me.

Odd -- it works okay for me, unless the links got wrapped or broken by mail... try them on here instead?

http://www.w3.org/community/odrl/wiki/SemanticWeb

>>> And....to be clear, it means we have to update the XML Encoding spec to use the new namepace URIs.
>
> That's a good point. Do we need to do something formal, since the XML Encoding has already been agreed, right?
>
>> This shouldn't make the JSON-LD especially complex, it just means that the actions/functions/constraints/policies/scopes will always be prefixed with a namespace when used within an ODRL JSON document (because the default namespace would be the model).
>
> The idea of using parts of JSON-LD for the ODRL in JSON representation has been floated. I'm not so certain that we've committed to that. I'm certainly in favour of using aspects of JSON-LD to the extent that it makes things easier to implement (but obviously opposed to the extent that it is a barrier to implementation). I think it would be helpful to look at some examples, to make it easier to understand the consequences.

I'd agree — though I should note that if ODRL-as-RDF is in any way successful, the JSON-LD encoding will probably come into existence as a matter of course :)

(That's not much of an argument weighing anything in either direction, though, really)

General alignment even if ODRL-JSON isn't formally derived from JSON-LD would probably be a good thing, though.

M.