Re: odrl-ISSUE-1 (renato): Namespace for Vocab terms [ODRL Version 2.0 XML Encoding (Contributors) ]

From: Renato Iannella <ri@semanticidentity.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 21:58:33 +1000
Cc: "'ODRL Community Group WG'" <public-odrl-contrib@w3.org>
To: Michael Steidl (IPTC) <mdirector@iptc.org>

On 17 Feb 2012, at 04:15, Michael Steidl (IPTC) wrote:

> * And I propose to think about this: the URIs for the common vocabularies should not be defined in the XML Encoding document but in the Controlled Vocabulary document. Only this URI makes the identifier of terms like target, output  globally unique, and this should be definitely a goal.

Michael, thanks for your feedback.

I agree we should move the namespace declaration for the Common Vocab terms into that Spec, as it should be applicable to multiple encodings.

Hence, what if we defined this namespace URI for the Common Vocabulary:

   http://w3.org/ns/odrl/cv#

This would then have the full URIs such as:

  http://w3.org/ns/odrl/cv#target
  http://w3.org/ns/odrl/cv#play

Cheers...
Renato Iannella