Re: [nfc] Deal with pages that are closed between watch() and the matching NDEF message

From: Kenneth Rohde Christiansen via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2015 10:02:45 +0000
To: public-nfc@w3.org
Yes, we originally wanted to avoid service workers - because it might
not be where you want the application logic to live - like say you
want to write to a tag. On the other hand, Service Workers makes a lot
 of sense for offline handling etc.

The question is basically how we would handle registration for events
when the page is not available. In some ways this is similar to the
earlier Web Intents and Web Activations (from moz).

openWindow was recently added to Service Workers for dealing with
"page activation" from a notification, so if we go for Service
Workers, it might be an option.

Having NFC handling live in two places (page and service worker) seems
 confusing though, and I am not sure the API will be very user
friendly if we move all of it to the Service Worker.

Any API suggestion to how this could work are of course welcome!

--
GitHub Notif of comment by kenchris
See https://github.com/w3c/nfc/issues/68#issuecomment-73673762