Re: Feedback on the Web NFC API Public Draft

Michael,

Thanks for the feedback. I'm going to clarify NDEFRecordURI is TNF 1, RTD U
in the next edits.

The record types in the spec mix TNF 1 well-known types (text, uri, smart
poster) and other TNFs like MIME Media, which is potentially confusing. I'm
not sure how we can/should make this clearer.

Adding NDEFRecordExternal is a good idea. I'm also considering
NDEFRecordAbsoluteURI,
which could be used for things like Windows LaunchApp records.

For #3 "unknown" in NDEFRecordType: I'd like to remove NDEFRecordType and
rely on TNF and Payload Type if possible. (NDEF has enough types already.)

For #4, Android has good support for tag meta info, so this could be very
useful. My experience with Windows is the Proximity API only give you NDEF
data and not tag info. Are there other APIs I'm missing?