RE: common NFC API draft / base for discussion

Hi Sunil,

A browser will access the NFC radio through the APIs provided by the underlying OS, whatever system it is. Now, if I understand correctly where you want to get, there should definitely be a way for a e-wallet type web application to take advantage of NFC secure elements through the browser.

The approach here - and it's pretty much work in progress - is to have two separate set of APIs, one for NFC, another for secure elements. The rationale being that different types of hardware could provide secure services, so it would be better to access these services with a unified API.

The Secure Elements API is part of the W3C SysApps group charter:
http://www.w3.org/2012/sysapps/

Secure Elements draft APIs from W3C and Webinos:
http://www.w3.org/wiki/Draft_APDU_API
http://dev.webinos.org/specifications/draft/secureelements.html

Tizen OS provides independant NFC and Secure Elements html5 APIs:
https://developer.tizen.org/help/topic/org.tizen.web.device.apireference/tizen/se.html
https://developer.tizen.org/help/topic/org.tizen.web.device.apireference/tizen/nfc.html

Again this is work in progress, but indeed with the cloud wallet objective in mind.

Best Regards,

Luc Yriarte