RE: common NFC API draft / base for discussion

Thanks Jonathan,

This is the right time to discuss what should be in the API and how to implement it I guess. I would say our main objectives are pretty much what you listed, plus some alignment effort with the other W3C groups, SysApps in particular:

- Have an API that's high level and easy to understand for a developer who's not familiar with the NFC forum specs, and that still covers the main NFC use cases.

- Still make it possible for the more NFC-savvy developer to work at a lower level, by exposing access to NDEF messages and records byte structure.

- Keep the API consistent with the SysApps group APIs, especially regarding asynchronous API design conventions i.e. DOMRequests / DOMFutures.

- Have reference implementations on different platforms like Android, Linux/DBus, Windows 8, using frameworks like node.js, phonegap, also HyWAI if that makes sense to you guys.

Looking forward for your feedback,

Cheers,

Luc