Fwd: [Moderator Action] Re: common NFC API draft / base for discussion

Not sure why this didn't make it to the list, so forwarding it.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [Moderator Action] Re: common NFC API draft / base for discussion
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 16:08:02 +0000
From: Luc Yriarte <luc.yriarte@linux.intel.com>
To: public-nfc@w3.org, Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org>
CC: dcoleman@chariotsolutions.com, hans@ambiesense.com

Hi Dave,

Regarding the implementations, I'll work on a cloudeebus / websocket
version on top of Neard, that should also work with node.js using
node-dbus.

I'd also like to make sure the API can be implemented on Android, and
for that matter Don Coleman's PhoneGap implementation is probably a very
good starting point - it also runs on BlackBerry and Windows 8
https://github.com/don/phonegap-nfc

I also recall talking with Hans Myrhaug at MWC, he had an Android
version based on node.js if I understood correctly.

That should leave us with several different platforms for
experimentation, the more the better IMHO.

Cheers,

Luc