From: Samuel Ortiz [mailto:sameo@linux.intel.com]
Sent: Friday, May 11, 2012 4:41 PM
To: GALINDO Virginie
Cc: Dave Raggett; public-nfc@w3.org
Subject: Re: draft charter for a W3C NFC working group - gemalto comments

Hi Virginie,

I agree with you that ideally, when dealing exclusively with NDEFs, apps should only get the NDEFs without having to know anything about the link layer. But yesterday's discussion was about dealing with LLCP data that would not be NDEF encapsulated. While NDEFs have semantics associated to them, you won't be able to interpret raw LLCP payloads unless your webapp is bound to a specific LLCP service and receives/sends this data intentionally. Hence the need for some sort of LLCP handlers that apps could use to bind themselves to a specific (a.k.a. not defined by the NFC Forum) LLCP service.

Also, I would argue about p2p being "just a combination of reader mode and card emulation mode". I think an LLCP link provides much more flexibility and opens a wider range of NFC use cases than the reader or card emulation modes.

Cheers,
Samuel.

--
Intel Open Source Technology Centre