Re: CfC: to create a new developer's list for WebApps' specs; deadline May 28

On 5/21/14 10:47 AM, Brian Kardell wrote:

> I've kind of thought of Web Platform Docs as the developer end of
> things and w3c specs for implementers and wgs - is it possible to set
> something up under that banner?

Perhaps; I haven't followed WPD so if anyone has data about its actual
usage by developers using W3C specs, please let me know.

Is it the case that documentation in WDP (or perhaps an active
participant in WPD, although I don't know WPD workflow) would be able to
answer a Q like that raised in
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2014AprJun/0548.html>?

> As a developer, i like the push orientation of mailing lists too, but
> they suck for lots of other reasons too.

Yes, mail lists do have some disadvantages so if there are some specific
properties that are especially sucky for Web developers, I would
appreciate a reference to that info.

On 5/21/14 10:53 AM, Charles McCathie Nevile wrote:
> I wonder if we should be doing this in webapps or if we should be
> trying to support W3C's more general Dev Rel efforts instead.

Chaals - are you also talking about WPD or something else?

-Thanks, AB