Re: help wanted with <sub-head> custom elmenent

On May 4, 2014 at 9:26:46 AM, Steve Faulkner (faulkner.steve@gmail.com) wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Brian Kardell suggested i post this request here:
>
> I have started work on a custom element implementation of a subheading
> element using polymer
>
> https://github.com/ThePacielloGroup/sub-head/tree/gh-pages
>
> demo:http://thepaciellogroup.github.io/sub-head/
>
> wanting help/guidance on aspects of the implementation

Apart from nits (your tabs/spaces are all over the place - makes code hard to review), the implementation [1] looks very simple. I think the "sub-head" thing might confuse people (as "sub-" is the, um, "namespace")... maybe call it 'x-subhead' or 'w3c-subhead'.

I don't see the stuff you mention in the reply to Francois in the implementation - I also don't see those things in the spec.

I think you should make the implementation inherit from HTMLElement, but have a HTMLSubHeadElement interface. This is to make it easy to add things in the future.

[1] https://github.com/ThePacielloGroup/sub-head/blob/gh-pages/sub-head.html

--
Marcos Caceres