Compressed requests (was: Submitting forms as JSON)

Hi Andrea,

On 25/02/2014 18:53 , Andrea Giammarchi wrote:
> This is awesome!!!!

Glad you like it :)

> The only thing I believe is missing is the ability
> to specify a compression encoding as gzip or deflate in order to boost
> up repeated properties name as well as base64 data.

It is true that for large requests it would be valuable for the browser
to be able to apply compression. However I think that that requirement
is orthogonal to the ability to transmit JSON — it would be useful for
other form encodings as well.

I'm not sure how best to enable that though. In a perfect world the
browser could just query the endpoint for support automatically, but we
live in a world far, far away from that one. A MIME pseudo-parameter
seems dirty at best; an attribute feels overkill. Any thoughts?