Re: Next Web Focus

On Jan 25, 2014 11:46 AM, "J. Russell Smyth" <jrussell.smyth@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Jan 24, 2014, at 8:15 PM, Brian Kardell <bkardell@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> The aims of this group are, yes focused on advocating and discussing
polyfills and prollyfills - and advocacy that enables this, for significant
reasons and in ways described on extensiblewebmanifesto.org.  Very key
among these is that it provides an evolutionary model forward rather than
allowing a browser to stymie efforts or prompting big bets on radical
change which, if they fail (and many do), stall forward momentum on the
current platform.  Actually, i would say the majority of work has been
applying this advocacy in existing WGs to prioritize efforts in this
direction as a guiding philosophy.

> It seems to me the focus of this group isn’t really the polyfills and
prolyfills - rather those are the tools used experiment, find places where
core expansion is valuable/necessary, and encourage and drive those
critical lower level primitives into the platform itself.

It currently happens to be the case that this is where a lot of value is
added because of where we are, yes.

That stated, it is part of our charter and has been since early discussions
part of our desire to be a place to discuss polyfills and prollyfills and
aid/establish a vibrant community around this.  I would love more.  Bring
interesting ones to our attention.