Re: Advocacy / prioritization

It's hard to really articulate 1 thing, as much as I could mention a few
things that are all really related within a major problem I face day to
day. The issue is within the development of "widgets" or "components" or
whatever you call a re-usable feature. The low-level infrastructure for
these things is missing in a lot of ways, however the crux of the problem
is in the transport and delivery of code/assets/resources for these things
and it's not being addressed (at least not that I'm aware). I believe the
Web Components Intro (http://www.w3.org/TR/components-intro/) captures the
low-level infrastructure the best. I would say from that the list that is
important to me is:

HTML Import
Custom Elements
Templates

And these are all moving along as specs. However the core issue not
addressed by these is in the delivery of these things with respect to
performance and efficacy. I believe the POC tap.js is part of the answer (
http://bkardell.github.io/tap/) and has the right central idea to resolving
performance and efficiency.

If somehow all these things could be called 1 thing then I would say that
would be a priority to me. These topics would get me a lot in my day to day
work.