RE: Lions and tigers and bears, oh my...

From: François REMY <francois.remy.dev@outlook.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2013 10:47:12 -0700
To: "'Brian Kardell'" <bkardell@gmail.com>
CC: <public-nextweb@w3.org>
Ok, finally found some time to share my thoughts here :

(1)    I believe the BufferedParser thing should be replaced by a CSS Selector Observer, that gives us more freedom and I stay confident we will have one very soon. The CSS Selector Observer would resolve asynchronously, and feature both “startMatching” and “stopMatching” events.

(2)    I’m not against the LINK stuff but I believe a declarative API is not needed in this case. We could as easily spec a function XMLHttpRequeset.download(url, options) that would return a promise and use Promise.all(…….) to await multiple downloads to finish.

What do you think?

 <https://github.com/bkardell/BufferedParseObserver/blob/master/README.md> https://github.com/bkardell/BufferedParseObserver/blob/master/README.md