prollyfill registry [Was: Re: URL comparison]

[ sorry for the cross-posting but not clear which list(s) to remove) ]

On 5/1/13 6:05 PM, ext Clint Hill wrote:
> I'd like to add to what Brian is saying below: This is effectively the
> goal of the public-nextweb group as I see it. We want to provide a way for
> developers to build these types of prollyfills and .. More importantly ..
> Share and publicize them to get the necessary exposure and feedback.
>
> Without that second part there is no point in the first. I think
> prollyfill.org could be more useful if it acted as a registry for these
> things. In fact Brian and I did this with Hitch (leveraging Github as the
> source host) and I tend to believe this is the right way. Right now there
> is a wiki listing the known prollyfills out in the wild but maybe this is
> not easy to find and not easy to provide feedback too.
>
> It's my opinion that prollyfill.org turn into a registry that is simply
> pointer to Github projects.
>
> Thoughts?

Having a reliable and up-to-date registry/service like you describe
seems like a good idea.

(I am indifferent as to where that service is hosted and managed. If any
of the data is relevant for WebApps' specs, we could add a reference to
the relevant spec in WebApps' [PubStatus] document, as is already done
for some specs re CanIUse for implementation data.)

-AB

[PubStatus] <http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/wiki/PubStatus>