Re: A bigger group...

Regarding issue number 4. I think having a good parser around is a current
necessity.

However. the principal reason we need to parse CSS is because browser
implementations are allowed to discard unused or unrecognized attributes,
selectors and rules.

While we can build a robust parser and though the effort required to reach
a level were browsers can report complete original-state stylesheet
information is not insignificant, I believe it's a worthwhile endeavor to
work towards a stricter recommendation of what styling information should
be preserved by browsers, regardless on whether it's natively useful to
them.

Not only would this greatly simplify CSS prolyfill implementations, but the
resulting code would also be more efficient.