RE: Proposal

From: Brian Kardell <bkardell@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 07:46:35 -0700
To: François REMY <francois.remy.dev@outlook.com>
Cc: public-nextweb@w3.org
On Mar 7, 2013 3:40 AM, "François REMY" <francois.remy.dev@outlook.com>
wrote:

> Seems interesting, no doubt, but how do you compute selector priority
exactly? Do you consider :xxx(...) has a class all the time even if it
contains an ID selector?

Currently, yes, they all get the same "standard pseudo" specificity and
don't consider internals as they are filter criteria essentially.  Not sure
that makes.sense and i recall this coming up on www-style wrt matches/not.
I don't recall what was decided, but they certainly could consider, though
it might mean evaluating a rule twice in some cases.

Any thoughts or shall we toss it out there?  Should i mention that in the
blog?