Re: The Extensible Web Manifesto [via Extensible Web Community Group]

On Jun 13, 2013 8:20 AM, "Karl Dubost" <karl@la-grange.net> wrote:

> Brian Kardell [2013-06-13T07:36]:
> > when a front-loaded, process that takes often years to "fail" is
combined with the difficulty in changing the surface area in any
non-backward compatible way, the impact is considerably magnified.
> > Yes?
>
> I didn't understand that sentence or idea. Could you clarify what you
meant?

> --
> Karl Dubost
> http://www.la-grange.net/karl/

Iteration is key, it depends upon community acceptance.  The current model
is hostile to this in two ways:  first, the process to getting something
for users to evaluate and provide feedback and demonstrate use cases for
takes too long; second, it currently requires native impl in browsers - and
once that is done it is infinitely harder to change.  Thus, together, the
two are fatal.