Re: Blog post for review

On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 6:52 PM, Tobie Langel <tobie@w3.org> wrote:
> On Jun 12, 2013, at 6:22, Andrea Giammarchi <andrea.giammarchi@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> with that I mean ... I don't care about Promises as much as I'd like to see Push Notification concretely implemented cross browser for real Web Apps plus all lower level hardware access FirefoxOS has that W3C is not even mentioning.
>
> That what is happening in the sys apps group, fwiw.
>
> --tobie

This seems like it is getting a bit astray from the topic of the
post... That's fine actually because this list isn't too busy atm -
but maybe if we are gonna discuss too much more we might want to spawn
a new thread?  I want to make sure we answer the original question
question though...

Our charter and initial discussions lay out the goals as helping put
in place the ability to develop features outside the browser
implementation (whether that is to speculatively prollyfill something
brand new, or to prollyfill something that is a widely implemented
standard but a few stragglers havent implemented) *and* to help
identify places that that is not currently possible and help work to
fix that.  The manifesto makes both points and I think most of the
stuff we have written and encouraged has as well.  The single most
practical/pragmatic thing IMO is clean layers and a mentality and
process that lets the process work as described in the manifesto...

It could be that Francois' post should stress the importance of the
later more, as he is suggesting as a post on the front door, I think
that is valid but also subjective.  I also have a few grammar sorts of
tweaks I can send offline.

Still - I'd like to make a suggestion as a general principle - tell me
if you disagree.  WRT blog posts on the CG page, how about if we just
use that for news and to link to blog posts located elsewhere?  I see
a lot of benefit to that - when someone comes in the door they see a
lot of "news" and useful links - just like we did with Francois'
FOSSDEM talk.  If we did that, we'd link the manifesto up there, a
brief announcement (Francois' first/last paragraphs maybe) followed by
another link to his article (on his blog), followed by another to
yehuda's post and so on...

I see compelling counter arguments as well, but what do you guys think?