Re: Chair

On Jan 12, 2013 10:30 AM, "Brian Kardell" <bkardell@gmail.com> wrote:

> No, I do too.  Just want to check a few formalities.
>
> Brian Kardell :: @briankardell :: hitchjs.com
>
> On Jan 12, 2013 10:26 AM, "Marcos Caceres" <w3c@marcosc.com> wrote:
>>

>> On Saturday, 12 January 2013 at 15:06, Brian Kardell wrote:
>>
>> > Not that I am aruging that we should or shouldn't have one or anything
- but I believe ian jacobs mentioned to me that its not really necessary
for a community group.

>> Sure, but I think it's good to have someone that helps build consensus,
coordinates the group's activities, gets new members started, keeps us
working towards our goals (and limits the scope), etc. (see also
http://www.w3.org/Guide/chair-roles).

>> --
>> Marcos Caceres
>> http://datadriven.com.au

Formalities checked...

If anyone is interested the two questions I asked ian were:

- my company is considering joining w3c (he knows as he has been helping
with this), what will happen since my acct sort of resets and I have to
rejoin the group as rep and he assured me that we can deal with that since
the group is in charge of chairmanship selection.

- can community groups have co-chairs?  I'm not suggesting that we need on
now since I agree with Francois comment above but if thing go the way we
hope we'd probably like to consider that.  The answer, again, is yes we
can.

So yes, I would be honored to be nominated.