Re: Standardizing console apis..

On Sunday, 24 February 2013 at 01:32, Brian Kardell wrote:

> On Feb 23, 2013 10:49 AM, "Marcos Caceres" <w3c@marcosc.com (mailto:w3c@marcosc.com)> wrote:
> Sorry guys i was sick as can be today, slept all day and didn't see this.

Hope you are feeling better!
> Rick Waldron and Brendan Eich suggested submitting a strawman for ecma wiki, got a start last night and there were a few discussions on Twitter and offline...

I really don't mind where it gets standardised, but the testing group seems like the right place. Also, working with the CommonJS community would be good.

> The subset i've propsed for v1 is strictly the de-facto stuff as that should be easy to approve and get a base spec we can rev on.
> Here is what i sent in ecma straw man form:
> https://github.com/bkardell//blob/master/README.md

working link:
https://github.com/bkardell/logging/blob/master/README.md
> We can add whatever we want in there (including idl, proposals for v2 stuff that is -mostly- standard already, etc)
> Have at it :)

If you really want to standardise this, please don't start this from scratch. Just combine the WebIDL I provided with this with the following:

http://getfirebug.com/wiki/index.php/Console_API
http://wiki.commonjs.org/wiki/Console

Assuming those two sources are Creative Commons, so please check and provide attribution.

If someone does that, I'm ok to devote a few hours and edit it into a spec.