Re: Standardizing console apis..

On Feb 23, 2013 10:49 AM, "Marcos Caceres" <w3c@marcosc.com> wrote:

> --
> Marcos Caceres
> http://datadriven.com.au
>

> On Saturday, 23 February 2013 at 15:17, François REMY wrote:
>
> > I agree, that’s a nice test project. I’m going to work on WebIDL-to-JS
this week-end so that we can get started. Do someone volounteer to craft an
initial web idl?

> Rough draft:
>
> interface Console{
> void log(optional any data...);
> void debug(optional any data...);
> void info(optional any data...);
> void warn(optional any data...);
> void error(optional any data...);
> void assert(optional any expression, optional any data);
> void dir(optional  any data);
> void dirxml(optional Node node);
> void trace();
> void group(optional any object…);
> void groupEnd(optional any object);
> void time(DOMString name);
> void timeEnd(DOMString name);
> void profile(DOMString title);
> void profileEnd(DOMString title);
> void count(optional DOMString title)
> readonly attribute DOMString[] profiles;
>
> }

Sorry guys i was sick as can be today, slept all day and didn't see this.
Rick Waldron and Brendan Eich suggested submitting a strawman for ecma
wiki, got a start last night and there were a few discussions on Twitter
and offline...

The subset i've propsed for v1 is strictly the de-facto stuff as that
should be easy to approve and get a base spec we can rev on.

Here is what i sent in ecma straw man form:
https://github.com/bkardell//blob/master/README.md

We can add whatever we want in there (including idl, proposals for v2 stuff
that is -mostly- standard already, etc)

Have at it :)