Re: Standardizing console apis..

On Friday, 22 February 2013 at 16:20, Brian Kardell wrote:

> Regardless of the answers that appear in the thread linked below, I think it could be an interesting and comparatively easy exercise for us to work all the way through something from the draft/idl end... Most prollyfill ideas we've seen are actually pretty ambitious as a) we lack fundamental APIs (like the ability to access a proper CSS-OM which includes relevant parse data or a parser or wide-enough mutation observer pickup) that would allow them to be less so. This one on the other hand could actually start pretty simply from the spec side codifying what already exists...
>
> https://mail.mozilla.org/pipermail/es-discuss/2013-February/028877.html
>
> Let me know what you think - anyone interested?

I think it's a good idea, but we should do our best not to drop the ball on projects we are already working on. The code that constitutes console APIs should be pretty easy to access (on open source implementations) for the various platforms, so it should be straight forward to spec. Are you sure that the testing WG has not done any work on it?

--
Marcos Caceres
http://datadriven.com.au