Re: Reopening a conversation

On Sat, Feb 2, 2013 at 5:48 AM, Brian Kardell <bkardell@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've shared an illustration of the output of Tab's parser
> https://raw.github.com/bkardell/css-parser/master/docs/parser-info.html .
> The only thing that is slightly misleading/confusing is that this is the
> json serialization which isn't exactly the same as the object you get from
> parse.  In reality, we could use either/or.  I'd like to propose that this
> is probably the best and most complete parser for anything compatible with
> the syntax.  We should be able to easily extend this for slightly easier
> consumption or run it through transforms if it doesn't exactly match our
> requirements.

What, in particular, needs to be reopened with respect to a "conversation"?

Note that I've adjusted my internal OM to better match the JSON
serialization, because I preferred the names used there.

Regarding CSS parsers, my implementation had better be the best and
most complete parser, or else my CSS parsing spec is incomplete.  Note
that my parser is a bit behind the spec right now - I spent this
afternoon bring the tokenizer up to speed with recent spec changes,
but I haven't adjusted the parser part yet.

~TJ