Re: Group status...

On Monday, April 29, 2013 at 4:32 PM, Clint Hill wrote:

> Beyond potentially alienating folks due to W3C association and Invited
> Expert process, was there more you could elaborate on?

No. I just don't see any benefits (just more admin). The quality and health of a group should be judged on its outputs and communication, not if it's a CG or WG. I personally think we have been doing good work over the last 6 months as a CG, and we are just getting started. Admittedly, in terms of outputs, we have stalled in the last 4 months so we still need to find a way to address that as a group.

If we find that we eventually want to produce specs (or IPR issues start getting in the way in some serious way), then we should absolutely push to become a WG.

--
Marcos Caceres