Re: Group status...

On Monday, April 29, 2013 at 4:31 PM, Clint Hill wrote:

> I for one would enjoy the Invited Expert status, personally speaking.

I'm not really seeing what you are seeing? IE status only made sense when groups operated in private and used member only mailing lists.
> Reading the reqs
> (http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/groups.html#invited-expert-wg)
> it does seem a bit rigid, but I would argue that's the benefit.

Can you explain what benefits you foresee? I can only speak from experience: been an IE for about 6 years on and off - and sure, it looks nice on my LinkedIn while I'm unemployed; but in practice I've found it really makes no difference than just subscribing to the public mailing list.

--
Marcos Caceres