Re: <main>

On Nov 28, 2012 11:47 AM, "Marcos Caceres" <w3c@marcosc.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 4:19 PM, Clint Hill wrote:
>
> > What I meant was that I would (at first blush and with no knowledge of
prollyfills) extend the current shims that provide support for
header/footer/article etc. Extend it so that <main> is recognized and add
the hooks for ARIA and keystroke capture etc.

> > Having said all that - I completely agree with Brian's points below.
And with that I see this _could_ be a prollyfill solution. I will say that
I stand corrected in that this for sure is prollyfill by definition. My
point about polyfill is simply as I said - given no prollyfill tooling I'd
extend the polyfill that already exists.

> > Does that make sense while providing no benefit? :)
> >

> makes sense to me… however, what do you really get from this? does it
translate as follows:

> <main> …</main>
>
> become in the DOM:

> Kinda interested to learn what tag polyfillers do.

No, in x-tags and according to web components it stays x-main with whatever
changes you do to it (wire up aria roles, for example)