Re: Posted

Brian Kardell :: @bkardell :: hitchjs.com
On Nov 17, 2012 4:51 PM, "Marcos Caceres" <w3c@marcosc.com> wrote:

> Hi François,
> Looking good and makes sense… review of the first part:
>
> Grammar:
> "forced to stop to support Flash on mobile"
>
> Should be:
> "forced to stop supporting Flash on mobile"
>

> Typo:
> and are were not done in a forward-compatible way.
>

> Should be:
> "and were not done in a forward-compatible way."
>
> Should the following:
> "Libraries like jQuery reminds us it’s still easy enough to work with the
native DOM libraries for most developers."

> Be maybe changed to:
> "Libraries like jQuery remind us that it's still a challenge to work with
the native DOM interfaces."

> Typo:
> "fast as a standard native code"
>
> should be:
> "fast as standard native code"
>
> Typo:
>  too high-levels >  too high-level
>
> Question: CSS Grids is an API?
>
> Grammar:
> "you were forced to mess up with the other’s features" > "you messed up
other's features"

> Grammar:
> A lot of work still need to be done in order to allow > A lot of work
still needs to be done in order to allow

> From "This is why we launched a while back",  maybe remove "a while back"
as it seems like it happened a long time ago.

> You say "to create an environment that plays nicely with polyfill
authors", but it's ambiguous what you mean by "environment".

> Grammar:
> "and that allow us" > "and that allows us"
>
> This is ambiguous: "At nExt Web" (I thought maybe that was a conference
or something). Maybe say "In the next web," or "In the web we are building
for the future" or something similar.

> I think this is a big claim: ", never break."

If written according to the principles we have been discussing, there is no
reason to believe that it should break - that is somewhat the beauty of the
idea:  Vendor prefixes and most "existing polyfills" frequently do.