Re: [Extensible Web] Getting things done

On Sunday, November 11, 2012 at 8:06 PM, François REMY wrote:

> | Who is "us"? :)
>
> Good first question :) By "us" I meant Brian Kardell and myself as we both
> got the idea of kickstarting this group :-) At this time, we're just
> discovering the tools we got in hand, and trying to make this group "known"
> in the outside world.

Nice to meet you both :) I think we should reach out to specific people we want. Getting randoms is ok, but they don't really help get stuff done. It's better to have a focused/really-interested group of people join the group. For that, we might need to reach out to key folks.

I guess the first action for the group will be to identify some potential people we want to join. I listed a few in the last email.

> By the way, I think that if some of us could publish a blog post announcing
> they joined the group and explaining why they did so and what they expect
> from the group, it would be a nice way to get to know each other (and
> getting known by more people at the same time).

I don't know, I think mailing list is fine.

> | Also sounds good. Can I recommend you also set up an org on Github and
> start adding participants there?
>
> Certainly! Starter code & advices is one of the most important deliverable
> of our group, and Github seems to be "the" way to go. I'm new to Github
> organizations so I'm unsure about how to add you, but I'm eager to learn :-)

Clint is on the case :)
> | Also, it would be nice before you write the blog post to
> | lay down what you had in mind with the group and what
> | the goals are.
>
> I think the goals of this group are:
> - get the concept of "forward polyfill" known by the other W3C groups
> and encourage spec editors to create prototypes.

This one is new to me: What is forward polyfill? :)

> (but this is a rough list that can probably be refined over time)
>

> | To achieve the above, we would need a good sample of
> | the best polyfills out there to see how they do stuff.
>
> Totally right. Feel free to add the polyfills you know to the list of the
> wiki: http://www.w3.org/community/nextweb/wiki/List_of_Polyfills. I think
> one of our task will clearly be to read the code of those polyfills and try
> to deduce the "common patterns".

Agreed. I would like to capture tasks in Github. I've asked Clint to give me write access so I can set up /meta repo for us to get organized.

--
Marcos Caceres