Re: [Extensible Web] Getting things done

Hi François,

On Sunday, 11 November 2012 at 18:23, François REMY wrote:

> Welcome everybody,

Thanks for getting this going! :)
> If you’re new to this group or wondering what’s hapenning, please give us

Who is "us"? :)

> some time to get the group started. This mail address is the one you can use
> to send mails to everybody in the group. Every mail you send here is
> archived and publicly available to read, as stated in the W3C policy. If you
> want to send mails for members only, please use “internal-nextweb@w3.org (mailto:internal-nextweb@w3.org)”
> (but I don't think you should have to).
>
> In the coming days, we’re going to fill the wiki a bit, publish an
Sounds good. But lets try not to split the group between "doers" and "observers" - otherwise it sets a bad precedence from the start: Everyone should be doing and feel they have the same level of control within the group.

> introductory blog post and advertise ourself outside the borders of our own
> twitter accounts.

Also sounds good. Can I recommend you also set up an org on Github and start adding participants there?
> We’ll start getting things done as soon as all those
> things have been done.

Also, it would be nice before you write the blog post to lay down what you had in mind with the group and what the goals are. Just a rough list so we can start getting on the same page. For example, I'm really interested in getting a standardised form for creating polyfills. What I mean is that I would like to see a common pattern for how polifills written and bootstrapped. Also, it would be good to have some kind of standard way to make sure legacy browsers are correctly targeted, etc. And, instead of just having a document that outlines that stuff, it would be great to have templates on Github that people could download and use.

To achieve the above, we would need a good sample of the best polyfills out there to see how they do stuff. We should also drag in people like Remy Sharp, Paul Irish, etc. to give us some guidance.

Thanks! :)

--
Marcos Caceres
http://datadriven.com.au