Re: WebMidi

On Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:21 PM, Brian Kardell wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 11:52 AM, Marcos Caceres <w3c@marcosc.com (mailto:w3c@marcosc.com)> wrote:

> > > This is exactly the part of the discussion that i think is worth having. If you xRequest - do you get MIDIEvent or xMIDIEvent... If you get the later, then what you describe is not so much a problem, right?
> >
> > Neither, you get CustomEvent() … there is no way around this. It's a problem: you can't extend host objects.
>
> Haha - crap... I even retyped "event" and didn't notice. Well - that is certainly a great example of something it would be good to come up with a common/accepted guidance around :) I meant to say for stuff like MIDIInput / MIDIOutput..

I was going to implement it over the weekend. I know it's not really in our scope to actually make prollyfills, but I'm doing 2 at the moment and I think it's a great learning opportunity. What will be more challenging will be getting this stuff in front of other devs to comment on.

> > > No - that's exactly what I mean actually - a friendly way to mix them together nicely so it's easy to build and track that stuff...
> > Not sure TBH.
>

> Me neither - it is mostly a question to get the gears rolling.

Lets make something an find out :)