  • From: David Baron via WBS Mailer <sysbot+wbs@w3.org>
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2018 08:18:02 +0000
  • Subject: [wbs] response to 'Call for Review: Timed Text Working Group Charter'
  • To: dbaron@dbaron.org,w3t-archive@w3.org,w3c-archive@w3.org
The following answers have been successfully submitted to 'Call for Review:
Timed Text Working Group Charter' (Advisory Committee) for Mozilla
Foundation by David Baron.

The reviewer's organization abstains from this review.

Additional comments about the proposal:
   There's one thing that's worded in a somewhat strange way in the
charter.  There's a sentence saying:
  The Group is expected to produce annual updates for the
  Recommendation with previously unspecified features.
I think this is intended to mean that the group is expected to have
a maintenance process that produces new versions of WebVTT annually,
and that these new versions may add new features.  It may be worth
rewording this to avoid the somewhat unclear "previously unspecified
features".

We also suggest the other minor fixes:
1. https://github.com/w3c/charter-timed-text/pull/30
2. fix spelling "Recommandation" -> "Recommendation" (twice)

The reviewer's organization:
   - intends to review drafts as they are published and send comments.
   - intends to develop experimental implementations and send experience
reports.
   - intends to develop products based on this work.

Comments about the deliverables:
   We expect to review and implement changes to WebVTT at some point; such
work might not be particularly timely relative to when the spec changes are
made.

Comments about implementation schedule:
   We implement WebVTT, although recently our implementation has not been
keeping up with changes in the specification.

https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/33280/tt2018/ until 2018-05-17.

 Regards,

 The Automatic WBS Mailer