Re: [wbs] response to 'Call for Review: Publishing Working Group Charter'

Florian,

for the purpose of a better administration, I would propose to cut the responses to two, because you had two very distinct comments. This mail is exclusively on your second comment (obviously, the first comment requires more discussions).

> On 18 Apr 2017, at 07:30, Florian Rivoal via WBS Mailer <sysbot+wbs@w3.org> wrote:
>
> The following answers have been successfully submitted to 'Call for Review:
> Publishing Working Group Charter' (Advisory Committee) for Vivliostyle Inc.
> by Florian Rivoal.

<snip>

> Independently from this objection, we also make the following suggestion
> (but do not oppose the creation of the WG on these grounds even if it was
> rejected):
>
> For the sake of maintainability and timely progress along the REC track, it
> is sometimes desirable to split a large specification into smaller modules
> (or to do the reverse operation). We do not think it is necessary at this
> point to decide whether to split any particular document into smaller
> modules, but it would be good to keep it as a possibility. We therefore
> suggest the addition of the following sentence to the deliverable section.
>
>> Also, to facilitate timely progress on the REC track and for
>> the sake of maintainability, based on consensus in the Working
>> Group, it may split or merge its deliverables.

I believe that each Working Group has, in fact, the possibility to re-group deliverables the way you describe. But it is indeed better to spell it out.

For obvious reasons I have not changed the charter draft, as references from the WBS form, yet. However, I maintain a "shadow" version of the draft which already contains this change (with a slight re-formulation of your original text):

https://www.w3.org/2017/04/publ-wg-charter/shadow.html#deliverables

Is this fine with you?

Thanks

----