What is docked? Re: New View Mode: docked

I'm having issues with the name "docked" as what you are really describing is "toolbar-ed"… of course, won't use that… but need help clarifying if there are other use cases… I'm worried that if we do specify a "docked" mode, it will be confused with minimized mode (which is really docked mode:-/). Argh.