Re: WAC's Webview API

On 6 Mar 2012, at 19:40, Marcos Caceres wrote:

> WAC has published an updated draft of their "Webview API" [1], which "lets you pop-up a mini browser inside your application."
>
> The use cases:
>
>  * Make use of HTTP redirect-based web authentication and authorization protocols (e.g. OAuth 1.0 or OAuth 2.0).

We definitely have that UC, and OAuth came up a few times in connection with Widgets.

In Wookie its not a big deal as usually we can pop up a new browser window ... but thats not a great UX for mobile and tablet users.

In other cases we can use iFrames, but some (e.g. Twitter Web Intents) forbid iFrame use for this.

So... definitely maybe :)