Re: Call for Consensus: Please review the draft charter

From: Michael[tm] Smith <mike@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 19:20:26 +0900
To: Marcos Caceres <w3c@marcosc.com>
Cc: public-native-web-apps@w3.org
It would be useful to have the term "installable Web apps" in this document
somewhere.

Also, technically, this group doesn't need a charter. Nor does any
Community Group. A scope statement is sufficient. The Community Group
option is intentionally meant to be lightweight in terms of process, and
for it to be fine to a CG to operate without a charter -- not feel like
they are obligated to have one.

So in order to avoid setting a precedent for more heavyweight process creep
into CG work, I personally would prefer that this document not be called a
"charter", but instead something more like, say, "operating guidelines" or
something.

  --Mike

Marcos Caceres <w3c@marcosc.com>, 2011-11-28 11:00 +0100:

--