Re: Use case: Splash Screen ? Re: starting point: manifests, configs, and the such

On 25 Nov 2011, at 01:19, Marcos Caceres wrote:

>> I'll answer more fully tomorrow (as it's 2am here), but I think HTML's video poster attribute holds the key… though it's not very accessible. I'm thinking:
>>
>> <widget ...>
>> <content splash="img.png"/>
>> </widget>
>>
>> As its always just show for 1-2 seconds. Position, transitions, etc. left to implementation.
>>
>> thoughts?
>>
> oh, and you get localisation of the splash screen for free through folder-based localisation model:
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/widgets/#folder-based-localization

Right - thats why I was thinking more along the lines of a magic filename - if you get "splash.png" (or .jpg or .gif) from the package using the usual localized file resolution then you enable  the feature without even needing an extension to the config.xml spec itself.

One question though - can devices use SVG or other vector formats for rendering the splash?