Re: CFC to start working on splash screen solution

On Tuesday, 6 December 2011 at 01:10, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:

> On Mon, 05 Dec 2011 13:48:28 +0100, Marcos Caceres <w3c@marcosc.com (mailto:w3c@marcosc.com)> wrote:
>
> > Apart from a few changes to our Charter (based on Charles' feedback), I
> > think we have consensus on our Charter and can formally start working on
> > technical documents.
>

> Yeah, I don't think we need to delay the start of work on something,
> unless it turns out to be controversial.
>
> There is a lot to be said for minimal process which adds restrictions as
> they are obviously required - although it helps to have thought about what
> will be required before you get there. I was wondering why we need a call
> for consensus before this group starts doing stuff... maybe it should be
> possible to object, but the default should be "let's get work done" IMHO.
> After all, there isn't the kind of patent commitment that Working Groups
> have which require up-front agreement...

That's basically what we are doing, and what I put in the charter document: we put out the call, but start work right away. I think them CFCs are polite, is all - want to give people a chance to speak up, show support, and volunteer to contribute… but if we find that people don't really care for the CFCs, we can do away with them.

Also, I picked up the bad habit of CfC's from hanging out with you and Artb in WebApps, so you only have yourselves to blame!