Re: Sensors API

On Aug 29, 2011, at 13:49 , Marcos Caceres wrote:
> On Monday, August 29, 2011 at 1:42 PM, Robin Berjon wrote:
>> You had me until you started talking about "sensor theory".
> Go easy, I'm just talking about: min, max, step, error… foundational stuff. Humans have been building sensors for a couple of millennia… we might have something to learn from them.

Gotcha! Be careful though, there *is* such a thing as sensor theory (at least for some sensor types) and while I have no doubt that it is a fascinating discipline in itself, it can be quite abstruse to newcomers.

Do we have anyone from OGC handy? They've done work on the sensor web that seems interesting an it would be good to have input from people who more or less know what they're talking about.