Re: Store conditional data in plain RDF

> On Oct 26, 2021, at 10:33 PM, Joy lix <joylix4112@outlook.com> wrote:
>
> Assume that the above rules apply only to Asians, and that Americans need a different version of the rules.  So I can't store the rule data as a string, because I need to query and compare the boundary values of rules from different versions.

Is it absolutely necessary to query on the boundary values, or would it be sufficient to simply label the different rules?

For example:

:rule1 :appliesTo :Asians ;
  :asN3 "rule 1 expressed in N3 goes here" .

:rule2 :appliesTo :Americans ;
  :asN3 "rule 2 expressed in N3 goes here" .

This seems analogous to how specialized syntaxes like WKT and GeoJSON are often handled in RDF data.

Alternatively, if you really need access to components of rules in RDF, it might be possible to use something like [1] to translate N3 to RIF and then use [2] to store the RIF as RDF.

Cheers,
Ryan

[1] https://github.com/ismailakbari/Rule-Translator
[2] https://www.w3.org/TR/2013/NOTE-rif-in-rdf-20130205/