Re: N3 semantics new-new proposal

Dear Pierre-Antoine,

Thank you for your proposal, I am still thinking about it and have a few first questions/remarks:

1. Can you explain, why  _:x :says { _:x a :Unicorn } is equivalent to _:x :says { _:y a :Unicorn }?

According to your interpretation, { _:x a :Unicorn } and { _:y a :Unicorn } have different interpretations. They map to different resources in the domain of discourse. Q_I goes from the domain to the set of graphs and is injective and the interpretation of a graph x is Q_I^-1(x) if x is in the image of Q_I.  Or is the mapping  Q_I to some set of graphs?

For the interpretation of the triple, you can apply renaming to the variables of the graph, but this renaming needs to be a bijection, so the only way to go from
_:x :says { _:x a :Unicorn } to _:x :says { _:y a :Unicorn }

is

_:x :says { _:x a :Unicorn } to _:y :says { _:y a :Unicorn } (using \beta)

 and then  use the same A for _:y which before could be used for _:x, but even then I cannot be sure that the triple holds for    { _:y a :Unicorn } in the object position. Or am I missing something?

I would like if { _:x a :Unicorn } and { _:y a :Unicorn } had the same meaning or at least could have the same meaning. Why don’t we need that?

2.  Your entailment

:alice :smurfs { :bob :likes _:x }.

_:x :smurfs { :bob :likes _:x }.

Has as a consequences that

:alice :smurfs { :bob :likes _:x }.
{?x :smurfs {:bob :likes ?x}}={?x a :auto-smurf}.

Leads to

_:x a :auto-smurf.

I think that could be a problem.

I am still preparing more questions (but I have to think about log:notIncludes first :) ).

Kind regards,
Dörthe