W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-mwts@w3.org > January 2010

[minutes] January 5 teleconf

From: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2010 17:26:06 +0100
To: public-mwts@w3.org
Message-ID: <1262708766.16047.1743.camel@localhost>
Hi,

The minutes of our call today are available at:
http://www.w3.org/2010/01/05-mwts-minutes.html
and copied as text below.

Dom

    Mobile Web Initiative Test Suites Working Group Teleconference

05 Jan 2010

   [2]Agenda

      [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-mwts/2010Jan/0000.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2010/01/05-mwts-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Wilhelm, Kai, Dom

   Regrets
   Chair
          Wilhelm

   Scribe
          dom

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]WCTMB2
         2. [6]Test assertions methodology document
         3. [7]Next meeting
     * [8]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________

WCTMB2

   ACTION-96?

   <trackbot> ACTION-96 -- Wilhelm Joys Andersen to review and
   integrate audio and video tests in WCTMB2 -- due 2009-12-08 --
   PENDINGREVIEW

   <trackbot> [9]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/96

      [9] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/96

   Wilhelm: Kai did that for me, right?

   Kai: I did, indeed

   reopen ACTION-96

   <trackbot> ACTION-96 Review and integrate audio and video tests in
   WCTMB2 re-opened

   ACTION-96 due next week

   <trackbot> ACTION-96 Review and integrate audio and video tests in
   WCTMB2 due date now next week

   ACTION-88?

   <trackbot> ACTION-88 -- Kai Hendry to come up with additional
   proposals for WCTMB2 -- due 2009-10-20 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [10]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/88

     [10] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/88

   Kai: do we still need more test?

   Wilhelm: we have a fair number of tests
   ... should we test sessionStorage in addition to localStorage?
   ... I have a test for Web fonts
   ... still missing a canvas test
   ... but overall I think we're quite complete

   Kai: I can have a go at writing the tests I have in mind

   Dom: please do that; we'll evaluate next week whether to wait or not

   Kai: Web fonts sounds interesting for mobile

   Wilhelm: definitely not a feature for low-end phones, but something
   I think most high-end fonts will support

   Kai: more of a style consideration rather than functional
   ... I'm more of a functional guy, but both would be nice

   Dom: think web fonts would be a great addition to the mobile where
   fonts have been historically very limited

   Kai: can also be useful to extend the range of supported glyphs on
   phones

   [discussion on Web fonts and relevance to mobile]

   Wilhelm: my test is kind of hackish, but seems to work — an
   invisible element that uses a specific font and which width is
   compared to one with a smaller font-width
   ... the same approach is used by the modernizer script as I
   discovered today

   ACTION-95?

   <trackbot> ACTION-95 -- Dominique Hazaël-Massieux to look into other
   test cases for WCTMB2 -- due 2010-01-05 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [11]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/95

     [11] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/95

   ACTION-100?

   <trackbot> ACTION-100 -- Dominique Hazaël-Massieux to review
   wilhelm's new tests for WCTMB2 (once available) -- due 2010-01-05 --
   OPEN

   <trackbot> [12]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/100

     [12] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/100

   Dom: if we can agree on it next week, we should announce it on the
   blog, ask for reviews and comments
   ... integrate feedback and publish as final with the closure of the
   group

Test assertions methodology document

   close ACTION-99

   <trackbot> ACTION-99 Review methodology document and send comments
   to list closed

   close ACTION-98

   <trackbot> ACTION-98 Review methodology doc and state if he's ok for
   publication closed

   Wilhelm: looks very good to me

   <scribe> ACTION: Dom to request publication of TA extraction
   methodology as FPWG note [recorded in
   [13]http://www.w3.org/2010/01/05-mwts-minutes.html#action01]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-102 - Request publication of TA extraction
   methodology as FPWG note [on Dominique Hazaël-Massieux - due
   2010-01-12].

Next meeting

   ACTION-101?

   <trackbot> ACTION-101 -- Dominique Hazaël-Massieux to ask for WG
   extension to the power that be -- due 2010-01-05 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [14]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/101

     [14] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/101

   Dom: should be processed this week

   RESOLUTION: meeting next week on January 12

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Dom to request publication of TA extraction
   methodology as FPWG note [recorded in
   [15]http://www.w3.org/2010/01/05-mwts-minutes.html#action01]
Received on Tuesday, 5 January 2010 16:26:16 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 5 January 2010 16:26:16 GMT