Summary of http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/wiki/TestWorkshop2009

From: Kai Hendry <hendry@aplix.co.jp>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 11:48:35 +0100
To: public-mwts <public-mwts@w3.org>
Cc: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>, "Breitschwerdt, Christian, VF-Group" <christian.breitschwerdt@vodafone.com>, Hari Kumar G <harig@opera.com>, lukas.schmidt@duragis.de, Robin Berjon <robin@robineko.com>
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hendry/3947857456/

Last Monday about 9 people met from as far away as India to complete
the test suite for Widgets P&C 1.0 in Düsseldorf, Germany.

By the end of the first day of the three day event, we surprisingly
achieved 100% coverage of all UA product widget tests. We begun with
only about a third of them.

The next two days we concentrated on reviewing, checking in the tests
from http://git.webvm.net/?p=wgtqa into CVS (quite painful) and adding
more tests to covered test assertions.

The second day featured an in depth look at testing Widgets 1.0:
Digital Signatures http://www.w3.org/TR/widgets-digsig/ and work has
begun on a test plan.
http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-digsig/tests/

Signed widget tests will be generated from a set of scripted available
here: http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-digsig/tests/tools/

In summary the P&C coverage meeting goals have been met and we all
agreed that the event was a productive one.

I would like to especially thank Dominique Hazael-Massieux's
organisational skills and Christian Breitschwerdt for hosting the
event at the Vodafone offices.

Kind regards,