W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-mwts@w3.org > October 2009

Re: [widgets] P&C: LC#3 and CR#2

From: Arthur Barstow <Art.Barstow@nokia.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 06:41:26 -0400
Message-Id: <4C0F4566-A434-4886-B95C-EF2971EA4E8D@nokia.com>
Cc: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>, "public-mwts@w3.org" <public-mwts@w3.org>
To: ext Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>
On Oct 1, 2009, at 5:58 AM, ext Robin Berjon wrote:

>> A rough schedule would then be: during the Nov 2-3 f2f meeting agree
>> to all changes for LC#3; November 10 LC#3 is published and Exclusion
>> period begins; December 1 LC#3 ends; Dec 9 CR#2 is published;
>> January 5 CR#2 ends as does the Exclusion period; mid January
>> publish PR.
> This is the part that I'm not sure I understand. Do we really need to
> wait until the F2F to agree to the changes that need to be made? My
> understanding is that Marcos has almost integrated all of them, and
> also that we believe we now have a level of review way above anything
> we had before. Why not just go into LC#3 next week, and hit CR#2 at
> the F2F?

I can see my email can be interpreted as "we must wait until the f2f  
before agreeing to changes" but what I meant is more like "let's make  
that the deadline for any LC#3 changes". Naturally, we should try to  
get consensus on all CR issues as soon as we can.

Give the July CR says it will not end until November 1, it would seem  
a bit strange if we published a new LC before then. Given this and  
the publication moratorium around the TPAC time frame, I think Nov 10  
is the first publishing opportunity. Perhaps one of the Team members  
can provide some guidance on the rules and/or precedence for that.

-Regards, Art Barstow
Received on Thursday, 1 October 2009 10:42:19 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:08:03 UTC