Re: Comments for device independent testing guidelines

Hi Dmitri,

Le mardi 13 janvier 2009 à 19:10 +0300, Dmitri Silaev a écrit :
> I believe in the overview we need to say about the purpose for this
> document, explain the problems  with testing with mobile device testing..
> The mobile devices have some restriction like simplified specification,
> little display, restricted input, weak processor. It should be mention
> in the overview.

There is some of that in the new version of the guidelines.
http://dev.w3.org/2008/dev-ind-testing/guidelines.html

>  > 2.0 Guidelines
>
> I believe Guidelines should be divided into different sections: test
> harness guidelines, test suite guidelines, guidelines for test
> documentation, guidelines for test sources, guidelines for interactive
> and automatic tests, guidelines for test review, guidelines test
> execution. Now these sections are mixed.

That's a good point; I'm afraid I haven't done that in the current
version of the document, but I think it could be an improvement - would
you mind taking a stab at it?

> I believe we need to add link section to related documents. The glossary
> section is also helpful in it. I've reviewed "SVG Conformance Test Suite
> -- Test Builder's Manual"
> http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/Test/svgTest-manual.htm

I have added such a section in "Existing work".

Other things that needs improvements in the new document:
 * right/wrong examples, preferably based on real test suites
 * maybe an intro on the test harness?
 * reviews :)

Dom