Bringing more visibility to web compatibility test suite

From: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 09:23:49 +0200
To: public-mwts <public-mwts@w3.org>

Hello,

To bring more visibility to the work we've been on the Web compatibility
test, one of my colleagues suggested we could publish it in some form as
a W3C Technical Report, typically as a Working Group note.

That seems a pretty good idea to me; we could for instance reshape our
existing test manifesto and turn it into such a note:
http://www.w3.org/2008/06/mobile-test/doc.html

We probably would need to beef it up a little with a bit more technical
details - after the all, the existing documentation is targeted at the
test users, while this note should probably be more targeted toward Web
technology experts.

Another benefit of pushing it as a Note would be the possible option to
have the publication of that note accompanied with a Press Release,
which has good chances to get quite a lot of attention.

Any reaction on these ideas?