Re: Charter re-wording thoughts

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 8:34 AM, Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org> wrote:
> I have softened a bit the language - it now says for instance "tests
> adapted to browsers on mobile devices" rather than "targeted at".

The word 'adaption' sends shivers up my spine too. How about something
like "tests to identify browser shortcomings on mobile devices"?

> I don't know when you did your review, but I added a few days ago as a
> deliverable (and based on our discussions last week): "a Working Group
> Note describing the current state of the mobile web user agents based on
> test results" (from the WCTMB). Or are you thinking something broader
> than WCTMB?

Well, I kind of wanted it watered down into a bite size blog format as
mentioned below.

> Note that it would be fairly easy to set up a blog for our working
> group, if people are interested in using it - my experience with groups
> blogs is that they tend to remain very quiet, but if you and other feels
> like using it, I can see it being useful.

Well I favour the idea of the blog. Hopefully it's easy to edit and it
could perhaps engage the wider community with comments?

> It would be neat, though, wouldn't it? :)

I did write to timbl about w3c.mobi... ;)