Re: http://t.wurfl.com/

From: Wilhelm Joys Andersen <wilhelmja@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 16:34:02 +0200
To: "Kai Hendry" <hendry@aplixcorp.com>, public-mwts <public-mwts@w3.org>

* Kai Hendry <hendry@aplixcorp.com> wrote:
> Wilhelm: did you figure out why the proposed cookie test was failing
> in Opera?

Yes. There were two problems I could see. The value set was invalid,
and the polling was instantaneous. Setting cookies is asynchronous, so
the cookie might not be set yet just a few milliseconds later.

I commited a proposed alternative cookie test today which does not
have these issues. It should work in all cookie-capable browsers.

(Note that there is a delay of one second before the cookie is accessed,
to make sure we get around the possible asynchronism issue. This value
should be tweaked.)

Wilhelm Joys Andersen
Core QA, Opera Software