Re: http://t.wurfl.com/

From: Wilhelm Joys Andersen <wilhelmja@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 16:34:02 +0200
To: "Kai Hendry" <hendry@aplixcorp.com>, public-mwts <public-mwts@w3.org>

* Kai Hendry <hendry@aplixcorp.com> wrote:
> Wilhelm: did you figure out why the proposed cookie test was failing
> in Opera?

Yes. There were two problems I could see. The value set was invalid,
and the polling was instantaneous. Setting cookies is asynchronous, so
the cookie might not be set yet just a few milliseconds later.

I commited a proposed alternative cookie test today which does not
have these issues. It should work in all cookie-capable browsers.

(Note that there is a delay of one second before the cookie is accessed,
to make sure we get around the possible asynchronism issue. This value
should be tweaked.)

--
Wilhelm Joys Andersen
Core QA, Opera Software